How weird am I, really?
Val Gal has asked for full disclosure.
1. I think probably the weirdest thing about me is that I talk to myself. Not just occasionally, but whenever I’m alone. Every thought in my head comes out of my mouth. Yes, I’ve heard of inner dialogue, but I’m sure it’s just a theory.
2. Since October of 89, I’ve been seeing (what I call) shadow people. They’re like 3D shadows, kinda fuzzy on the edges, and almost transparent. They don’t talk to me; they don’t even acknowledge me. I doubt they’re even aware of me. I assume they’re ghosts. I’ve seen fewer than a dozen, probably. And they disappear almost as soon as I realize they’re there. As you can imagine, this scared the holy shit outta me at first. But now, I kinda welcome it. (My daughter has since seen a few. Maybe it’s hereditary.)
3. I’m probably a communist. At least I believe that human beings were not meant to live in a capitalist system. We were much healthier as a species when entire communities shared most things. One-Each societies, as far as I’m concerned, only benefit the very rich. I might be willing to bet that the early predictions of the Beast and his 666-mark were predictions of capitalism. Few of us can survive in this culture unless we participate. I’ve got a brother doing a pretty good job of it, but even he has been forced to get an ID card and work for wages rather than limit his economic interactions to bartering.
4. I’m thinking of declaring myself a celibate. I’ve already become asexual, or maybe I’m just cybersexual. My husband has been dead for over 4 years, and I’ve only been interested in men, in theory - men in the ether. I’ve have a few crushes on men I’ve met on the Net. Ya know, political forums, here in the blogosphere, that sort of thing. But in real life, they leave me cold. I’m just not interested.
5. I’m scared to look in the bathroom mirror unless the light’s on. That goes for other mirrors in the house. If only nightlights are on, I won’t look into any mirrors. I saw a Twilight Zone when I was a little girl, where a woman’s reflection had a life of its own, and I’ve never been able to shake the memory.
Damn. I really can’t think of any more weirdness. I was supposed to come up with six. (But seeing shadow people probably counts for two or three, ey?)