(And he's not at all shy.)
when Opal sets out her
I don't like the taste of
Feed me some peanuts,
or dead men's eyes.
Just stay away with that
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2-3 cups onions, thinly sliced (sweet onions are best)
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup heavy cream, cold
3 TBS all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
Ready-made pie crust, with insides brushed with egg yolk and cold water.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Over medium-low heat, melt butter.
3. Add onions and saute until translucent. (maybe 20 minutes)
4. Whisk together eggs, cream, and flour.
5. Add onion mixture and cream; combine.
6. Season with salt and pepper and pour into chilled pie crust.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F, and sprinkle of some Parmesan over top.
9. Bake for the another 20 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
The disulfides and mycotoxins in onions (leeks, chives, and garlic, too) make them poisonous to many animals, like cats, dogs, and birds.[click on image to enlarge]